AjaxControlToolkit The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:20 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2009 at 11:29 PM
I have the latest version of the AjaxControlToolkit  but when I add the reference to the TeamBuilder website I get this error:
"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.11119.25533, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) "
I have tried everything  I could think of including registering the AjaxControlToolkit in the GAC but no joy. What is referencing this particular version of the toolkit and how can I change it to use the latest one?

Thanks
ID
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 6:39 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Hello ID,

Our developer says the following could help solve the problem:

The reason is :

There are a web site application and a class library named "controls" in the teambuilder solution. Looks like this person has only added the the AjaxControlToolkit into the website,actually the class library which is named "controls" also needs the latest version of toolkit.

So please add the latest toolkit to both web site and class library, then add the "control" library to the website over again to make sure the control.dll is the latest version in the website. After that please rebuild the solution.

Hope this is helpful for the problem.