How to ensure that visitor chat session was originated from website?

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:21 PM
WLQuickApps.ContosoISV provides a great example of how to implement web site visitor contacts to interact with Windows Live Messenger, and begin visitor chat session with resources that are available to supporting web chat interactions.

Regarding of this, I have question of how to ensure that visitor chat session was originated from specific website which is enabling the Windows Live Messenger web chat for visitors?

Is it possible to pass additional information to chat session from web site when a visitor messenger web session is created? For example, passing a GUID reference from website and create Windows Live messenger addition to check this GUID, which would ensure that web chat session was certainly originated from the website.

Regards,
Alexander
Coordinator
Jan 19, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Hey Alexander,

Right now there is no way to know where the change came from (because anyone coudl hit the IMMe.aspx with your ID);

we are investigating ways of working around this.

thx
Angus
http://blogs.msdn.com/angus_logan
Jan 20, 2008 at 5:00 PM
Thanks Angus,

I am also interested in to know if there are overseen any further enhancements in the following challenges I have come across:

• How to enable group live id? This feature support would be essential when several persons are available to line up the upcoming client chat requests individually.
  • Is there possibility to forward existing chat conversation from one live messenger to another? This feature support would be crucial when partaker of the chat cannot answer the questions of the chat originator.

Also…

As I am currently catching up on the Windows Live Platform products, and how to enable integration of these platform products to further solutions, I am keen on to see if there are any other sites or active Microsoft Connect programs I could hook up?

Regards,
Alexander
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2008 at 1:46 AM
Hey Alexander,

• Group Live ID - this feature isn't supported, although you coudl use the Presence API to see who is online or available and then generate the hyperlink with their status;
  • Forwarding Conversations - this isn't avilable althought you could look at http://www.microsoft.com/asa which has this functionality (i think)
  • Connect Programs - there is one for the Windows Live Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio, also check out my blog for screencasts/webcasts

thx.